ARKANSAS, Oct 31 (Future Headlines)- Blue Bird Corporation, a leader in electric and low-emission school buses, has reached an industry milestone by delivering its 1,500th electric, zero-emission school bus. Modesto City Schools in California received this historic 1,500th electric school bus, marking a significant achievement in the transition toward clean student transportation and the reduction of carbon footprints in school districts across the United States. These electric school buses are a powerful tool in the effort to lower emissions and provide healthier transportation for students.
Here are key highlights and statistics surrounding this milestone and the impact of Blue Bird’s electric school buses:
- Blue Bird Corporation has successfully delivered its 1,500th electric school bus, reinforcing its position as a leader in the electric school bus industry.
- Replacing 1,500 diesel-powered and polluting school buses with electric, zero-emission vehicles significantly reduces carbon emissions. The shift to electric buses results in an annual reduction of nearly 16,000 metric tons of carbon emissions.
- By transitioning to electric school buses, more than 110,000 students a day are no longer exposed to harmful diesel tailpipe emissions. These emissions are linked to severe health issues such as asthma and heart disease. Electric school buses provide a safer and healthier mode of transportation for students.
- Blue Bird Corporation recently celebrated the opening of its Electric Vehicle (EV) Build-up Center. This facility is critical to expanding Blue Bird’s production capacity and enables the company to manufacture up to 5,000 electric school buses annually. The increased capacity underscores Blue Bird’s commitment to sustainability and electric mobility.
- Blue Bird’s zero-emission school buses are powered by the electric PowerDrive 7000 system developed by Accelera in collaboration with Cummins. This system delivers exceptional performance, making it a reliable choice for school districts seeking sustainable transportation solutions.
- The PowerDrive 7000 system utilizes a next-generation battery with a substantial capacity of 196 kWh. This represents a 25% increase compared to the previous model. With this updated battery technology, Blue Bird’s electric school buses can now travel up to 130 miles on a single charge, offering impressive range and efficiency.
- Modesto City Schools in California is the recipient of Blue Bird’s 1,500th electric school bus. The advanced electric vehicles were purchased through Blue Bird’s authorized school bus dealer, A-Z Bus Sales, in California.
This achievement demonstrates the commitment of Blue Bird Corporation to providing sustainable and environmentally friendly transportation solutions for school districts nationwide. The delivery of 1,500 electric school buses is a remarkable step forward in reducing carbon emissions, promoting clean energy, and ensuring a healthier environment for students, all while maintaining the reliability and performance expected from school buses.
Writing by Alireza Sabet; Editing by Sarah White